work in progress...




Bonjour mes belles,

It is chilly here in SW France but no snow as yet. It is perfect weather for staying indoors and I have started recovering another chair for the house that we are in the process of restoring. 

The fabric is a lovely rich taupe chenille and I purchased 40 metres so my plan is to cover a few chairs for the bedroom and then use the rest for curtains.

I am not a sewer but we are lucky enough to have a fabulous curtain maker in the village so will be contacting her in due course.

This time I remembered to take a before shot so that you can see the difference. The thing that I really love about old furniture is that it is solid unlike a lot of the furniture these days which looks great but is often flimsy and breaks easily.
 
I painted the chair frame in Annie Sloan country grey which is becoming one of my favourite colours.
 
 
I apologise for the quality of these photos as the light is not great this morning but I wanted to show you what I am working on.
 
à demain, Leeann x
 
 



Comments