latest finds...



Bonjour mes amies,

What a fabulous week-end it was, with everything happening at the same time.

We kicked off the week-end with a dinner party with friends from Antibes and FB did our region proud serving duck, foie gras along with some fabulous local wines.

The weekend ended with FB purchasing an 18th century couch last night, which was far too big to fit inside the car and as a result had to be strapped to the roof rack. You can imagine the looks that we got from locals especially in one particular village where there was a fete taking place and we were obliged to drive through it!

As promised here are some photos of the objects that I found on Thursday.

First up is this lovely mannequin which is now at home in one of our apartments at Maison No.20





Next up is this French clock which is very decorative and is in perfect working order.




Love the detail on this, the couple are so charming.

 
You can details here.

Next up was 20 of these vintage French Madeleine tins which are great for making madeleines or using as candle holders.



There are two sets of 6 and 1 set of 8 available.



You will find them here.

Looking very at home is this lovely deer's head, not everyone's cup of tea I know, but they always sell well.


Other treasures included an antique print of a hot air balloon over Versailles which is now hanging in one of the bedrooms in apartment deux. Note this is not the best of photos but at least it gives you an idea of what it looks like.



FB mentioned that the stand opposite him was selling some pearl necklaces which would be perfect for the deers head alias Madame Biche so I raced across to take a look.

I found a couple that are perfect for her and at the same time bought these.....





For those of you that do not know what these are, they are knife rests or porte couteau in French as the French do not change knifes between courses so these are useful for dinner parties or when FB's mother comes for lunch.

My favourite find of the day was a wasp waisted mannequin but she is at FB's so will take a photo later in the day. Needless to sday I was very happy with this find as I have waited 6 years to find one!

très bonne semaine à tous, Leeann x



Comments

  1. Wow, what a weekend...I will check and see if the knife rests are in the store...I think I have a need, if not a want, for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know what a wasp waisted mannequin is so very anxious to see her

    good finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely finds there! Thinking the floating balloon pic hits a soft spot.....and I love that you are sharing the mannequin with your guests :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Madeleine tins! They would inspire me to find out how to make madeleines!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment