French Food Friday...Baguette and Butter Pudding



Ingredients

  • One Large Baguette
  • Butter
  • Sultanas or Dried Cranberries, or Both
  • 4 Large, Free Range Eggs
  • Caster Sugar
  • Double Cream
  • Milk
  • Demerara Sugar
  • Apricot Jam
  • Baileys Adjust Quantities to Taste

Method

Serves: 2
  1. Grease an Oval Dish.
  2. Thinly Slice the Baguette and Butter on both sides. Layer the bread in the dish, sprinkling with the Dried Fruit between Layers.
  3. Make a custard using 2 egg yolks, 2 complete eggs, 150g caster sugar, 300ml Milk, 300ml Double Cream and 4tbsp Baileys (or more to taste!)
  4. Beat until smooth and creamy.
  5. Pour the Custard over the bread and press down lightly with your fingers, so that the bread is submerged. Leave to soak for 15-20mins.
  6. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and bake in an oven at about 150C for 40-50 minutes.
  7. Heat The apricot jam and brush over the baked dessert. Leave to stand for 15 minutes as the custard will keep cooking as it cools. Yummy! 
Bon appetit et joyeux paques a tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Oh NO! You shouldn't have! This recipe sounds and looks too amazing to resist. And once I make it, I'm sure I won't be able to stop eating it until its gone. ;D

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious...can't wait to try it.
    merci!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leeann, this looks yummy...shall try for sure. My family and I put bread puddings at the top of the sweets list!! N.xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Leeann-this is still my very favorite comfort food. Although Mum's recipe which I still use, certainly didn't list Bailey's in the ingredient list, love it!
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.malvazia.blogspot.com/ visit it is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brunch just got 1 item larger. My grandmother made this, and my sister has been asking me to make it.
    I'm the only cook in the family, by choice that is. My sister has a towel in her kitchen that reads" the only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house." SO true.
    Have a happy Easter, Leeann.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! I love these French Food Friday posts...just what I needed....it all looks sooooo good....mon Dieu....my waistline!! Will definitely be following these in the months to come. Merci beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious, Leeann. We make one with banana instead of dried fruit, also with Baileys. Yum! Have a great Easter, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment