What a fabulous weekend.....


Hope that you had a fabulous weekend. Here in SW France it was hot and sunny the whole weekend.

You will be pleased to know that Mr FF had a great birthday and thanks all of you for your kind wishes. By the way anniversaire means birthday in french but many of you must have ESP and realised that it was also our anniversary. We met on the 19th of June so it it is always a double celebration!

We went to our favourite restaurant, Ma Maison which is about a 5km drive from our house in Eymet. It is run but an anglo-franco couple (Louise & Didier) and is simply fabulous. The service is always great and the food oh so french. I always have the foie gras and Didier's is the best that I have tasted since living in France.

The restaurant itself is situated in the most wonderful house and the garden is so french in every sense of the word. Unfortunately I did not take my camera but I have arranged with Louise to go and take some photos this week and I am sure that you will adore it.

After dinner we partied with the locals as there was a series of bands playing for the fete de la musique and arrived home in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

We were supposed to rise early but this did not happen and it was 9h30 before we woke.

Our plans were to go to a local vide grenier early so we dressed quickly if that is possible for a woman! and off we set. It tuned out that this was not a bad thing as I think that most of France had partied last night so I managed to find a few fabulous items.

I bought this lamp for our bedroom which I think is so sweet, not to mention, very french.


This print is great, I love the frame and the cherub is divine, this one is for the shop as I unfortunately do not have space for any more prints.




I loved this wee jewellery box when I saw it and it is perfect for the taupe chambre that we have just finished at maison No. 20.








It is so sweet and takes me back to when I was a child although I cannot recall if mine was chinoise or not, it was a few years ago now....

Bonne semaine,

L x

Comments

  1. The jewelery box is so sweet. As you said it brings all those childhood memories flooding back, I find that good ones are so hard to come across these days. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment